EPI NET - The Epidemiology Network - Sub project of COMBACTE MAGNET
- EPI NET - The Epidemiology Network - Sub project of COMBACTE MAGNET
The Epidemiology Network: Providing barrier-free, timely access to data on emergence and spread of
antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in humans and animals and healthcare-associated infections (HAI).
Established in 2015 under the COMBACTE-MAGNET consortium of the New Drugs for Bad Bugs (ND4BB) programme, the epidemiology network (EPI-Net) is an unprecedented collaboration of experts in epidemiology and surveillance of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). EPI-Net engages representatives from major European Union financed projects and industry towards its objectives:
The approaches of the network are rooted in research activities to create the evidence base necessary to drive the changes. Download an informative presentation on the network here. An integral activity is collection and analysis of epidemiology data from varied sources (external and internal stakeholders) as well as conduction of epidemiological studies.
- Optimize surveillance of a resistance and healthcare associated infections
- Develop a consensus programme to contribute to the homogenization of the approach on current and future epidemiologic surveillance strategies in Europe
- Inform Public Health Action
- Support and guide R&D for new, effective antibiotics against antibiotic-resistant bacteria
Finanziamento: assegnato e gestito da un ente esterno all'ateneo
Programma: EUROPA - Progetti Europei
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957