The Department of Diagnostics and Public Health (DDSP) is actively involved in all the degree programmes offered by the School of Medicine and Surgery. Much of the Department’s teaching activities are dedicated to the two specialised combined Bachelor’s + Master’s degree programmes in Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry and Dental Prosthetics and the Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
DDSP is also involved in teaching on other practical and professionally-geared courses that are specifically related to the Department’s areas of expertise and activities, such as the Bachelor’s degrees in Environment and Workplace Prevention Techniques, Biomedical Laboratory Techniques and Imaging and Radiotherapy Techniques.
The Department also contributes to teaching on the Sport and Exercise Science degree offered by the Department of Neuroscience, Biomedicine and Movement and other degree programmes in the Departments of Biotechnology, Computer Science, Humanities and Law.
In terms of postgraduate teaching, DDSP is involved in the Postgraduate Specialisation programmes in Pathological Anatomy, Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Radiodiagnosis, Hygiene and Preventive Medicine and Occupational Medicine.
DDSP also offers Level 1 and 2 Master’s programmes and Advanced courses, which include:
- Master II in Interventional Oncology Ultrasound
- Master II in Pharmacovigilance and Drug Regulation
- Master I in the Management of Quality, Clinical Risk and Patient Safety
- Master I in Early Childhood and Movement: Development from 0-6 years old
- Advanced course for Trainers and experts in patient safety and simulations
- Advanced course in Nicotine addiction treatment
- Advanced course in Body and movement: Physical activity for young children 0-6 years old
Last but not least, DDSP is involved in teaching the following PhD programmes:
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Nanoscience and Advanced Technologies
- Applied Life and Health Sciences
- Inflammation, Immunity and Cancer